9/04/2006

Superchunk at the Cradle 9/1/06

Because I was out of town for Labor Day weekend, I didn't get to watch as many movies as normal, but instead, you, dear readers, get something much more rare: a concert review. Yep, I actually went to a concert. In a club! And not just any club, but one of my favorite places to see a show, especially now that it's smoke free. The Cat's Cradle is very nice. And a concert there with one of my favorite bands of all time is very very nice.

Cadmium
Animated Airplanes over Germany
Rainy Streets
Art Class (Song for Yayoi Kusama)
Learn to Surf
Song for Marion Brown
Nu Bruises
Winter Games
Package Thief
Seed Toss
Sunshine State
Why Do You Have To Put a Date on Everything?
From the Curve
---------------
The First Part
Detroit Has a Skyline
Cast Iron
---------------
Slack Motherfucker
Precision Auto

Opening band was Tenement Halls, who were... boring. I mean, it wasn't bad or anything, but they barely talked, the music all sounded the same and I just couldn't get too excited. Could've been the migraine I had though.

Superchunk just continues to be lots of fun. Good setlist (although no Driveway to Driveway or 100,000 Fireflies or Brand New Love, and I don't really care for Seed Toss), and the two new songs were good. After The First Part, I was thinking I really hope they play Detroit Has a Skyline, and then they did. It made me very happy. In the second encore, I tried to get them to play Brand New Love or 100,000 Fireflies, but apparently, my power was used up on Detroit. I think I need to work on improving that. That power could be used for good. Or evil, but I doubt I'd go to the show and use the power to play Swallow That. Anyway, now that I've just made a joke that very few people will get, mainly because it's not funny, I will mention that they said there'd be a new album in 2012 and it would be beamed directly into our brains. That'd be awesome. Not the 2012 bit, but the brain-beaming of new music.

No comments: