12/10/2006

Inferno, The Transporter 2, & The Sea Inside

Inferno is... bad. Not nearly as good as Suspiria, which would probably have made me appreciate the film a little more if I hadn't seen it before. But I didn't care for it at all. Yeah, it's stylish, but who cares. It makes no sense.

The Transporter 2 is worse than the first. And it's not just because Qi Shu isn't in it. It's because it isn't any good. About the only thing worthwhile in the film is the scene where Frank beats the crap out of guys with the hose. Which I saw before the movie premiered on some video sharing site. But it was on HBO or something, so I DVR'd it and wasted an hour and a half.

The Sea Inside was a movie I wanted to see because it was done by Alejandro Amenabar, who did Abre Los Ojos, Thesis, and The Others. Too bad all three of those films were much better than this. Javier Bardem was good, but the movie was far too long and I just couldn't get involved.

No comments: