8/20/2008

TMNT

TMNT is an insult to movies. First off, the CGI is cartoony, and insulting to women who are not stick figures. When April O'Neill is going through the jungles near the beginning, her waist looks like it's as big as my wrist. Which, for those of you who know me (I assume that's all of you), my wrists are not particularly thick. Also, it was weird to hear Sarah Michelle Gellar's voice coming out of her. I do sort of wonder if actors like Mako think "I'm about to die and TMNT is the last movie I am ever going to do?" Because that's gotta be depressing. It was short, and more in tune with the original comics (admittedly, I read one issue back in 6th grade, and it was taken from me for reading it in class, so I can't be positive, but I think it was) than the live-action movies or the video games. Actually, TMNT 1 was so frickin' hard that I'm amazed anyone was ever able to finish it. TMNT 2 on the other hand was great, but cartoony like the cartoon. The slightly darker tone matched the bland colors, but it was basically a movie for very small children who like movement on screen. And terrible music. And no Shredder.

One little bit of trivia: all I have to do is make a billion dollars and I too can marry someone like Zhang Ziyi. First step: making that first million.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I think I always got stuck on the driving level in TMNT 1. Which was pretty demoralizing after barely surviving the swim through electric seaweed.

Caseus Velox said...

TMNT 1 was, I believe, the first time I remember buying a video game and being extremely upset at how hard it was (according to wikipedia, the DOS version I played is impossible to beat without cheating). I played other games that were hard, but it'd be many years before I bought another videogame and then gave up on it quickly due to it being too hard. And considering how much hard earned money went into purchasing that game at the time, I'm sort of amazed I continued to buy games based on titles and box art.