4/30/2010

Titus Andronicus at St. Stephens Church 4/16

I first heard about Titus Andronicus about a week before the show, so I wasn't really familiar with them. They were fun, though, and I have since enjoyed the albums. The openers, Sleeper Agent! and Amateur Party, were both bad. I normally avoid heckling bands loud enough to be heard by the bands themselves, but there was one very drunk person who was heckling, and I can't say I blamed him. The lead singer of Sleeper Agent! was coming very close to punching himself in the head. And the music was ugh. They both had good "liberal" lyric-ed songs but the musicianship was lacking. Titus was talented and made it worth the $7 with a can. It was a benefit for We Are Family DC, so it was for a good cause. I don't regret going at all, but man, the place was hot and unpleasant, smelled terrible, at least one person was dry heaving on the way out, and the many hipsters standing outside a church in my neighborhood smoking and drinking wasn't cool. But it's hard to skip out on a show less than a block from my place with a band I like.

No comments: