8/31/2010

Robyn & Kelis at 9:30 Club 8/2

Fembot
Cry When You Get Older
Cobrastyle
Dancing on My Own
Who's That Girl
Dancehall Queen
The Girl and the Robot
Don't Fucking Tell Me What To Do
Be Mine
Show Me Love
Konichiwa Bitches
Dream On
With Every Heartbeat

I fell in love with Robyn back in 2005 or so, around when her eponymous album first was released in Sweden, and her videos hit the blogs. Then people started to tell me that she had some songs back in the 90s that were popular. That was fun. I was obsessed, raved about them to everyone, and have pre-ordered every album since the first one finally was released in the US. So, I've been waiting to see her in concert for a while. When I realized she was touring, I purchased fan club tickets, rather than actual tickets. Because I'm apparently a member of her fan club now.

I missed the beginning of the show. So I only saw the last few songs of Kelis. To start off with, Kelis mixed Milkshake with Madonna's Holiday. I am sad that I missed that. That link has a review of the concert itself.

As for Robyn, well, she was just as awesome as I expected, although it was difficult to see her tiny dancing, what with all the tall gays who love her. Ms. Albright and I were trying to figure out how many straight males there were who were not there because of their girlfriends. It couldn't have been very many at all. I wish she had played longer, and hadn't messed with songs from Robyn quite as much as she did, but it was dance-poppy bliss anyway. And I sang along to everything. As did most of the crowd.

No comments: