3/19/2007

Blog Wars

Blog Wars was an hour of masturbatory congratulations by bloggers on both sides about how important they are. Haven't we gotten past that and just accepted that we're all people sitting around in our underwear making fun of all those people who think about actual reporting? Well, I'm generally not in my underwear when blogging. At least I'd look a hell of a lot better naked than most of the bloggers in this. I think. Well, at least the guys. Well, at least the fat ones. Really, it's nothing at all new for those of us who have actually been reading blogs since 2002. Yeah, I'm one of those early adopters. Most bloggers don't avoid having those archives available easily, allowing for quick reference on how to make fun of them. Because they all seem to love themselves, and, in the case of John Hinderaker, it's both too much and literally. Have you ever read his posts about Miss America? He needs to embrace his inner moppet and spank it a lot. Maybe he'd stop being so Republican. This has devolved. I was surprised by bits of it, mainly in the structure, but it just made me want to hurt Joe Lieberman and Dan Gerstein a lot. Self-serving pricks. And made me want to force Michelle Malkin to spend some time in an internment camp, just to see how she likes it. But this is all neither here nor there. It's a 60 minute long documentary mainly focusing on the Lamont-Lieberman primary and the blog reaction to the race along with a brief history of blogs. I couldn't help but notice that the right-wing blogs were completely unhinged, while the Democratic blogs were only slightly unhinged. Partisan bias? Not here.

No comments: