3/18/2007

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8.1 & Heroes

Being such a huge fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I couldn't really skip out on reading the comic of season 8 now, could I? It feels like a show, but on a bigger canvas, due to the new state of Dawn. It does feel like only half a show though, as it never really hit enough of a plot for a real episode. I love that I'm getting more of the show though, so looking a gift lion in the mouth is probably a bad idea. Not enough Willow or Giles, since they really only got a mention, but we did get some Xander, which makes me happy, along with an explanation for The Girl in Question Angel episode. That's one annoying thing down. Speaking of Angel, there's apparently going to be a 6th season of Angel in comic book form as well. I'm not sure about that, considering how perfectly that show ended. But it's Joss, so we'll see, because he can probably deal with it very well. I will continue to read these.

I finally broke down and embraced my inner nerd even more and started to watch Heroes. I spent pretty much all weekend watching the first 18 episodes. Basically, how can you hate a show that knows how to use George Takei and Malcolm McDowell, not to mention Eric Roberts (yeah, it's a joke...), Richard Roundtree, Clea Duvall, Christopher Eccleston, and Nicole Bilderback (ok, she was only a Cordette on Buffy, but still, she was instantly familiar)? Oh, and I will enjoy anything Greg Grunberg is in, far more than I should. It's really fun, goofy, and I want to be Hiro. Wait... No, I really do. I'm happy this show is doing well, because it is definitely doing something you don't see on TV. Even if that is more vivisections than I normally would expect. Quite a bit of gore on the show, which surprises me, considering it's on at 9. I mean, we can't show nipple but we can show many people split in two or worse, and heads sliced open? Even with that though, how many shows have me grinning like an idiot that frequently? How long until the next episode?

No comments: