3/23/2008

Poetry is the music of the soul, and, above all, of great and feeling souls.

So on multiple occasions in the last month, I've been asked to write more poetry. To a certain extent, I wish I had more inspiration for poetry, but I generally need something. However, Friday, on the way home from work, I had some inspiration. Unfortunately for both me and you, it started thus:

I wish my dick was in some children,
Older kids are soon forgotten,
Look away! Look away! Look away! Pedophile.

Yep, that's what got stuck in my head. Damn rapist van, getting me thinking about how sick pedophiles are (speaking of which, it's kids, scat, animals, and blood, all very eww). So, rather than subject both you and me to more of that poem that was going absolutely nowhere (except probably pissing off a bunch of crazy southerners and those who have some semblance of taste), I give you: Caseus Velox's magnetic fridge poetry!

The first one is the second one I ever wrote (the first one was never written down), entitled "On a Fridge". I wrote it hanging out in my friend from Nebraska's dorm room, while everyone else was discussing sex with freshmen (male) and kissing very inexperienced men. I wasn't able to contribute as I'd both never kissed a man, nor had sex with a freshman (male).

if she will stay here
almost as loud as a whisper
blow every mind
crave spiritual research in light
surely I was late into position
respectful of our intense experience
entering into some major emotional valley
need close talk while pretending
one better always release
get the vacation from anonymous control
take a deep thick lick of sleep
have a fantasy in our brain
or fail through no breath

As you can tell, or at least you should, I was influenced by the conversation. I actually really liked it, and it's certainly got some interesting imagery.

Next is the poem that's currently on my fridge, from the fifth year reunion magnetic poetry collection I was sent. I chose to throw away the ones that were just the name of the school, but I didn't use "quad", "gala", "chapel", or "tours". This one's called, "Wooden Spoons Are Fine For Some":

I will again laugh in springtime
remember chance party experience
have gardens fireworks on us love
that the happy fun memories celebrate
lifetime learning engage good times
for next spring when friends meet
hug and reconnect with champagne

Lifetime learning was one magnet. This is quite terrible, but those were some terrible magnetic poetry pieces.

No comments: