2/02/2009

Caseus Archivelox: Brotherhood of the Wolf & Tell Me Something

2002-01-20 - 11:21 a.m.
The weather last night was pretty bad, and the fact that we were soaked didn't help the movies pass. I sat next to [female friend] for "Brotherhood of the Wolf" and we were both laughing through most of it. Although we were laughing at different parts, as she was laughing at mainly bad translations, while I was laughing at how over the top it was. All in all, one of the stupidest movies I've seen in a while. But the fight scenes were well done, if not too believable, as there was this sword made of bone that would fly out on a chain or something, and all the bad guys always attacked one at a time. 1 on 20 is much easier when the 20 attack very slowly. And since when did French peasants know Kung Fu? Or Indians for that matter? Also, way, way too much slow motion, and not just during the fighting, and the next time I see someone dissolve from breasts to mountains will be way too many for me. Could you get any more juvenile?
"Tell Me Something" was much better. Very stylish, and just confusing enough to make sure that you needed to talk about various plot points to understand it all. I like movies like that. Others didn't, and I think that one or two plot points were sort of holes rather than points, but that could have been (and I think was) intentional. Koreans are like that. (Yes, that was an ethnic stereotype. But I didn't mean it.) Also the film broke in the movie, it was just like Freewater. And the main female character was channeling Gwyneth Paltrow through the entire movie.

No comments: