5/14/2006

The Hills Have Eyes, Wedding Crashers, & random Alan Moore and other comics

The Hills Have Eyes was bland 70s horror. I am tired of movies being called horror classics when they just are boring. Plus, I wanted everyone to die. I hate crappy 70s crap. And this was full of it. So many better movies that could be called classics. Why is crap like this revered when much better movies are forgotten? Sad state of affairs.

The Wedding Crashers... well, speaking of sad states of affairs, why is it that I can watch what is praised by so many people as being hilarious and not laugh? At all? It's just like with Old School. It's not like I don't like movies in this new wave of comedies, as I really liked The 40-Year Old Virgin, and I like Rachel McAdams. Why is it that I didn't like this? Oh yeah, it's because, again, I don't actually care for any of the characters besides Rachel, and she was utterly wasted. I think I just don't like Vince Vaughn. I hated Starsky & Hutch, Dodgeball was utterly worthless, and maybe it's just him. Can't quite figure out why, since I did like Swingers. Then again, the only people in the cast who've really done anything worth watching since are Ron Livingston and Heather Graham. They wasted Bradley Cooper. Damnit, he needs good roles. So good in Alias. When they got rid of him, the show began a very fast descent. Also... I think the Wilsons' need to stick very close to Wes Anderson. And movies directed by Ben Stiller. Damn shame...

I've also spent this weekend reading comics. Here're my quick reviews: Serenity bridge comic between the show and the movie was nice to read, finally; The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was great, and really makes me wish I had never seen the movie, and that it never existed; V for Vendetta makes me want to watch the movie a lot, because it was very good; The Watchmen was interesting, but would make a terrible movie. I also tried to read From Hell, but it was very amateurishly drawn. I will have to retry it a little later.

No comments: