6/11/2006

One year anniversary & iTunes meme revisited

Since it's the one year anniversary of this version of my blog, I felt I'd go back and redo the iTunes meme from last June, although I'm adding in some new words this time and a new sort. And note that I'm now at 3035 movies, meaning that in the last year I saw 400 movies. Yeah, that's right. I watch lots of movies. And yesterday was again the gay pride parade and I was annoyed by craptacular music played way too loud when I was busy not listening to craptacular music. And Comcast still hasn't really been on time yet. It's always been either almost late, late, or not at all. Saved me some money though.

How many total songs?
14846, that's 37 days, 12 hours, 41 minutes and 17 seconds. Or 55.11 GB. That's 4368 more songs than last year. Although if you go by when I added songs to my iTunes now, there are only 10226 or 4620 fewer songs. Since I deleted songs and replaced mp3s with rips from CDs purchased since then, that explains a lot of the difference.

Sort by Song Title - first and last?
'Round Springfield from the Simpsons' Songs in the Key of Springfield
Zürich Is Stained from Pavement's Slanted & Enchanted: Luxe & Deluxe
Interestingly, it's exactly the same.

Sort by Artist - first and last?
!!!
Zoot Sims
Last year was 13th Floor Elevators and Zoot Sims. I have a feeling I had a !!! song last year, but I probably deleted it.

Sort by Time - first and last?
Bonus Track from Ani DiFranco's Not a Pretty Girl
Symphony no. 9 from the BBC Philharmonic's Beethoven's Symphonies
Last year was Symphony no. 3, because they hadn't released Symphony no. 9 yet.

Sort by Album - first and last?
! from Dismemberment Plan
Zooropa from U2
Last year was Zen Arcade from Hüsker Dü.

Top Five Played Songs:
Some Small History from Portastatic on Old Enough To Know Better
Kicks in the Schoolyard from the Rosebuds' The Rosebuds Make Out
Art Class (Song for Yayoi Kusama) from Superchunk's Here's to Shutting Up
I Summon You from Spoon's Gimme Fiction
Galang from M.I.A.'s Arular
That's pretty different from last year, although it did have Spoon (I Turn My Camera On, which is still near the top), and Art Class. Since I don't play songs all that often, it sort of screws with my ability to figure out which are the most popular songs, so I had to sort of combine tracks and use my Last.fm account to figure it out.

Ten Last Played
Do You Still Hate Me? from Jawbreaker's 24 Hour Revenge Therapy
I Will Follow from U2's Under a Blood Red Sky
Game of Pricks from Guided by Voices's Alien Lanes
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da from the Beatles's Anthology 3
Candy from the Magnetic Fields's Distant Plastic Trees
This Is Just a Modern Rock Song from Belle & Sebastian's Push Barman To Open Old Wounds
Blinded by the Light from Bruce Springsteen's Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J.
I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone from Sleater-Kinney's Call the Doctor
Just like Heaven from Dinosaur Jr.'s You're Living All over Me
Dollars & Cents from Radiohead's Amnesiac
None the same as last year, although that would have been pretty strange.

Find "sex," how many songs show up? 69 (by track is 36, and Song against Sex and You Sexy Thing tie with 5)
Find "death," how many songs show up? 98 (by track is 36 as well, and no song has more than 2, meaning I deleted one copy of Death & Destruction from last year)
Find "love," how many songs show up? 752 (by track is 481, with 12 Love Will Tear Us Apart's winning, well ahead of the 8 (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love & Understanding?'s, meaning that it doubled it's lead from last year)
Find "peace," how many songs show up? 21, with the same amount by track, WSFBPL&U? winning this one (16 last year and WSFBPL&U? having 5)
Find "rain," how many songs show up? 253, with 128 by track, having Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head winning with 5, although these numbers include things like train and brain (last year was 92 by track and 181 by all, which means that It Takes a Lot To Laugh, It Takes a Train To Cry ties with RKFOMH with four)
Find "sun," how many songs show up? 211. with 139 by track, and Island in the Sun winning with 5 (last year was 119 and 92 by track, with IITS still having 5)
Find "you," how many songs show up? 1690, with 1165 by track and I Wanna Be Your Dog, Here Comes Your Man, I Summon You, and Anything You Want with 6 (last year was 1123 and 798 with IWBYD and HCYM having 6)
Find "home," how many songs show up? 88, with 65 by track and Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) with 4 (last year was 65 and 46 by track with When Will You Come Home having 3)
Find "boy," how many songs show up? 433, with 141 by track and Where Have All the Rude Boys Gone? with 8 (last year was 354, and 86 by track with This Boy and I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend having 3)
Find "girl," how many songs show up? 300, with 185 by track and I Wanna Know Girls with 5 (last year was 220, and 120 by track and Girl with 4, but all different songs, so it should be Another Girl, Another Planet with 3)
Find "hate," how many songs show up? 68, with 35 by track and no track having more than 2 (last year was 43, and 27 by track)
Find "wish," how many songs show up? 48, with 31 by track and I Wish I Never Saw the Sunshine and Blown a Wish for 3 (last year was 30 and only 13 by track, so none had more than one)

No comments: