1/10/2007

Lost in Time

Lost in Time was an earlier film by the director of One Night in Mongkok. So with that and Cecilia Cheung in it, I was interested. It's about a woman whose fiancee dies in a car accident and she decides to start running his minibus service. Which leads to quite a few jokes about bad female drivers. Which is funny. Because women can't drive well. Is it a sappy weeper? It's a Hong Kong drama, of course it is. Does Cecilia Cheung look like she could drive a minibus? Of course not. But at least they deal with that. I don't know, if the film were in English, with Julia Roberts and Dennis Quaid, I would probably hate it with a passion brighter than the screen when Cecilia smiles, but since it was in Cantonese and I don't expect any better of Hong Kong dramas, I have to say it was acceptable. And I haven't even touched upon the craptacularly bad Engrish subtitles. I will work for any DVD company and edit the subtitles to make sense and be good English. Seriously, just have someone native and fluent in English read them. It will be vastly better. Please.

No comments: