4/03/2007

Ted Leo & the Pharmacists 3/29 at 9:30

The Sons of Cain
Dial Up
Me & Mia
Army Bound
Who Do You Love?
Where Have All the Rude Boys Gone?
The High Party
Annunciation Day/Born on Christmas Day
Bomb.Repeat.Bomb
Some Beginner's Mind
Counting down the Hours
Little Dawn
A Bottle of Buckie
The Unwanted Things
The Lost Brigade
Biomusicology
------
Timorous Me
Walking To Do
Rappaport's Testament: I Never Gave Up

90 minutes of greatness? Hellz, yeah. A little light on some of the songs I wanted (Ballad of a Sin Eater and Bridges, Squares), but man, it was a good set, and the songs I didn't expect to do well (the new album ones) actually were quite good. Living with the Living is growing on me, and after a second listen, it's not nearly as good as the first two real Ted Leo albums, but it's almost as good as Shake the Sheets. Which, whenever I write it or say it, I immediately have to double check to make sure I didn't write Shake the Streets. Or maybe that I'm convinced it is the actual name for it. Anyway, I still am waiting for Ted Leo to cover Dancing in the Dark live for me, but I guess I just have to deal with that. Like I'm not going to see Eric Bachmann cover Long Black Veil again. Even if I asked his drummer. Damnit. The addition of James Canty actually made the whole thing sound much more together, and strong. Ted Leo still went crazy (and maybe a little too crazy on the guitar solos), but that second guitarist made the songs sound tighter. They always put on a good show, and only my unfamiliarity with the new album kept it from immediately satisfying me as much as previous shows had.

No comments: