5/18/2009

Caseus Archivelox: The Man Who Wasn't There

2002-04-21 - 1:27 a.m.
I went to see The Man Who Wasn't There, which is one of the funniest films of last year. The Coen brothers really know exactly how to make an incredibly funny film where the characters in the film have no idea that what they are doing is funny.

I was laughing out loud for so much of the movie. The only problem with it was the slightly messed up print that they sent us, with some scratches and other things messed up, but the movie was absolutely brilliant. Better than most Coen brothers movies, although not as good as Miller's Crossing or Fargo. The Big Lebowski is the funniest of their films, but it doesn't have the deeper meaning (if you can say that their films have any meaning, which is debatable) of the previous three movies. But the problem when attempting to rate their movies (as the same occurs when rating any brilliant director (or in this case, directing team)) is that I think of why I like the other movies a lot. So this will probably change the next time I see any of their movies. Like the next time I feel like watching The Big Lebowski. About the only thing that is clear is that The Hudsucker Proxy is their least good. But I like lots of things in it. Maybe Raising Arizona is not as good as that. I'm not sure, stupid mind.

No comments: