6/11/2009

iTunes Meme Takes the Fifth

Four years into this, and I've decided to add to the content by reposting my old blog. So I'm redoing the iTunes meme again again, and noting that I saw 216 films this year (total of 3838 films), meaning I saw 79 fewer films this past year than the previous year. Successfully dating is to blame. Wouldn't trade it though. My consumption of most media has decreased over the past year. I don't even get the shakes if I don't see a movie in a few days.

How many total songs?
24268, that's 61 days, 22 hours, 28 minutes, and 10 seconds or 108.72 GB. That's 1866 more songs than last year, although by when I added current iterations of tracks, there are 2725 more tracks.

Sort by Song Title - first and last?
A.B.C. by The Jackson 5 on the Hitsville USA box set
___ from Regina Spektor's Soviet Kitsch
Same as last year

Sort by Artist - first and last?
a-ha
+/-
Same as last year

Sort by Time - first and last?
We're a Couple from the Spaced Soundtrack
Symphony no. 9 from the BBC Philharmonic's Beethoven's Symphonies
That cuts about six tenths of a second off last year's shortest.

Sort by Album - first and last?
The A List by Wire
() by Sigur Rós
Same as last year

Top Five Played Songs:
Holland, 1945 from Neutral Milk Hotel's In the Aeroplane over the Sea
Drill Me from Portastatic's The Summer of the Shark
Blue Bird from The Rosebuds' Birds Make Good Neighbors
Sex Is Personal from The Faint's Blank Wave Arcade
Temptation from New Order's Substance
Pretty similar, although my love for Temptation has finally entered.

Find "sex," how many songs show up? 166 (by track is 56, and Song against Sex at 7)
Find "death," how many songs show up? 161 (by track is 55, with 3 The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carrolls)
Find "love," how many songs show up? 1307 (by track is 769, with 15 Love Will Tear Us Apart's winning)
Find "peace," how many songs show up? 27, (by track is 24, (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love & Understanding? winning this one at 8)
Find "rain," how many songs show up? 352, with 190 by track, having Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head winning with 5
Find "sun," how many songs show up? 343, with 219 by track, and Island in the Sun winning with 5
Find "you," how many songs show up? 2837, with 1887 by track and 11 Don't You Evah (well, one is technically Don't You Ever)
Find "home," how many songs show up? 233, with 110 by track and Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) with 4
Find "boy," how many songs show up? 638, with 248 by track and Where Have All the Rude Boys Gone? with 12
Find "girl," how many songs show up? 600, with 284 by track and I Know Ur Girlfriend Hates Me with 9
Find "hate," how many songs show up? 105, with 61 by track and I Know Ur Girlfriend Hates Me with 9
Find "wish," how many songs show up? 67, with 46 by track and I Wish I Never Saw the Sunshine and Blown a Wish tied at 4

No comments: