7/17/2005

Fort Reno July 14

Last Thursday I went to Fort Reno for the series of free concerts that Fugazi started up back when they still existed.

The opening band was something boring (checking the Fort Reno site, it was the Antiques). The lead singer was annoying as hell. The bassist was good as was the drummer. The keyboardist was eh.

The Sprites were really good, and apparently the lead guitarist/singer was in another somewhat famous band from DC, Barcelona. There were some funny (and great songs), one about Mir dropping on Japan, and one about George Romero, which I need to own. Well, I need to own both of them, but especially that George Romero song.

I mainly went there for Monopoli who were good. About what I expected, which was fun. Now, The Sprites were, in my opinion, the best show, but that is because I'm a sucker for goofy lyrics and great music. Surprisingly good music is better than expectedly good music.

No comments: