1/23/2006

I'll make a wish / Take a chance / Make a change / And breakaway

friend: what'd you do today?
me: did [coworker] tell you about the josh rales for senate announcement?
friend: who's that?
me: he was a republican up until last year when he decided to run for senate in maryland as a democrat
me: he has no name recognition, but a lot of money
friend: ok...
me: so his announcement was up off river road at walt whitman high school
me: his speech wasn't too bad, if you read it, but he's a terrible public speaker
friend: ok..
friend: (pretty cool that you got to go!)
me: that wasn't the bad part though, as after his speech, his wife was announced and instead of using the podium mike, she brought out a handheld mike
friend: his wife announced what?
friend: he'd already announced his candidacy, right...?
me: and the smooth jazz band started playing a bit of music, and she said that she was going to sing a song that meant a lot to her and her husband, and that it exemplified what they wanted the campaign to be about
friend: oh no
me: and then she started to sing breakaway by kelly clarkson
friend: excuse me?
friend: very funny
friend: i almost fell for it
me: I am not fucking kidding at all
friend: hahahahahahhahahaaha
friend: that's the most amazing thing i've ever heard!!!!!!!
me: I honestly felt terrible for her and the campaign
friend: but she clearly didn't realize how ridiculous it was!
friend: or she wouldn't have done it!!!
me: yeah, she was serious, and that's what made me feel sorry for her
me: [coworker] tells it much better than I do, but we both had problems not laughing before we got out of earshot of anyone there
friend: that's the most amazing thing i've ever head

No comments: