2/08/2006

Beatboxing & Incident at Blood Pass

And if you do a beat in 3/4 time, suddenly they become bicurious!

Incident at Blood Pass is the last Yojimbo film, although it's not a Kurosawa film. Mfume is still there, but he's clearly aging. Plus, the movie is a little confusing for a samurai film, with a lot of double-crossing. And I'm not entirely sure that it makes sense. I haven't seen any of the original Zatoichi films, so I figure I probably should, since the guy who plays Zatoichi in a lot (or all, I'm not entirely sure) of the series is pretty damn good in it. Basically, worth it if you love samurai films, but only if you can handle one without violence for a large part. Trying to put the plot together really needed that extra time. Otherwise I think I would have been completely confused rather than just somewhat confused.

No comments: