7/14/2009

Garrison Keillor: The Man on the Radio in the Red Shoes & Man on Wire

Garrison Keillor: The Man on the Radio in the Red Shoes is a documentary about Prairie Home Companion, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the fictionalized movie. Of course, that was designed to be extremely enjoyable, as opposed to an accurate representation of the radio show and the people involved. This one also doesn't have Kevin Kline as Guy Noir. So it works as a documentary but it isn't as good as actually watching a fictionalized version or listening to a show.

Man on Wire took me a while to figure out that the scenes of the young people on wires were not reenactments, and that they had actually filmed themselves so much talking about their plans and practicing. There are times in my life where I wish I had some point when I was 8 or so and had had an epiphany about what I had to do in my life. Would have made my life go in a slightly more direct fashion. It's a story that really is one of a kind, as wirewalking between the two towers will never be done again, and was only done for one day. Fascinating story though.

No comments: