10/04/2005

Arrested Development 3.3, Gilmore Girls 6.4, & Felicia's Journey

Arrested Development 3.3. Is AD the funniest show on TV? It just may be. A show that can turn roofies into a hilarious thing is great. A show that comes up with Bob Loblaw as a character name is absolutely brilliant. But really, any show that comes up with the idea of combining an analyst and a therapist and coming up with analrapist is really going so far into funny as possibly being the funniest thing on TV. I really hate that baseball is going to preempt it for four weeks, and if the rumor is true that it may not be back, I will try never to watch another Fox show ever again. Mismanaging and not fully supporting Arrested Development is actually pissing me off more than them screwing any of their other shows I've loved. I really need to go buy the first two seasons on DVD. Really. But I really just need to stop giggling everytime I think of analrapist and Bob Loblaw. Actually, I'm going to go purchase the first two now, since Amazon is giving me another $10 off to get both. That'll give me the excuse to get the new Franz Ferdinand as well. Damn spending so much on music and DVDs. Damnit.

Gilmore Girls 6.4 needed a little more something. There was something wrong with it. Oh, yeah. Sookie and Jackson. And Jackson's family. They all suck. However, they did use the word snarcastic which is clearly the greatest word in the new English language. And I have tremendous lurve for that computer. I need that $9k G5. So very much.

Felicia's Journey features an extremely strong and very creepy performance from Bob Hoskins. And some interesting camerawork and strange soundtrack. Elaine Cassidy was also great. The entire movie just freaked me out. Extremely off-putting. Even with all that, it may be one of Atom Egoyan's best films. Just the weirdness and the occasional dragging bits keep it from being his best. Plus, I really hate proselytizers.

No comments: