10/23/2005

Portastatic 10/17 The Black Cat

Truckstop Cassettes
Chesepeake
Through with People
Paratrooper
Cunning Latch
Rock and Roll Friend (Go-Betweens)
Full of Stars
White Wave
Autumn was a Lark
I Wanna Know Girls
Noisy Night
San Andreas

I think Rock and Roll Friend was played somewhat later in the set, but I could be wrong. Sort of hard to remember setlists when you're too busy bouncing along, even if you are singing along to every track. But I'm pretty sure that's everything. I also wanted to say just how amazing the rocking version of Paratrooper was.

Somehow this was the first Portastatic show I'd actually been to, and it was a hell of a lot more like a Superchunk show than I was expecting. Which was awesome. I would like to apologize to Margaret and Jim for being such a total fanboy after the set, but there are just times when I'm too bouncy even at 11 on a Monday night after a long day of work and a couple hours in a smoke-y club.

I stuck around for a few John Vanderslice songs, but it was late. And the opening act was some group that I can't remember. And I'm too lazy to find out who it was.

No comments: