4/03/2006

Fever Pitch & Fudoh: The New Generation

Fever Pitch was just eh. It was sometimes very good, but it never was anything more than a middling romantic comedy in general. Shame about that. I really need to read the book. I think it'll be my next one after I finally finish Emma. A little too ridiculously obsessive. Plus, Jimmy Fallon is no Colin Firth.

Fudoh: The New Generation was... wow. Seriously, I did call one of the surprises fairly early on, but I really never thought I was going to see another film with a schoolgirl stripper assassin shoot darts out of her vagina while getting her period. I mean, you see one of those, you think you're not going to see it again. And then, Miike comes along. What's up with that, huh? Plus, there's the hot but disturbing sex scene. Wait, which was the hot one again? And I love that you can show an obviously erect penis in underwear but you can't show frontal nudity. Yay for stupid censorship laws. You know, this actually wasn't that weird compared to a lot of Miike's stuff. Then again, it's weird. I don't want to underplay that. It's a fairly early Miike though, so his insanity isn't quite as much as other movies. Still crazy, but not really crazy.

No comments: