4/20/2006

Payback & On Demand

Payback is bad. But why is it so bad? Is it because Brian Helgeland was replaced as director and lots of scenes were reshot? Or is it because Brian Helgeland is a terrible writer and director and L.A. Confidential was blind luck? Based on his other movies, it's much more likely to be the latter. The relentlessly violent and bad movie also suggests that. God this is bad. Mel Gibson, when able to do whatever the hell he wants generally makes crap. Why the hell would you remake the excellence that is Point Blank? And Mel Gibson is only fit to carry Lee Marvin's jock. What a terrible idea. Eesh. Why did I bother? Because I thought it couldn't possibly be that bad because it has good source material? Well, that was completely messed up.

Deadwood's On Demand now! Woot! And Entourage! Well, I know how my free time will be spent until May. Well, that is when I'm not trying to clear off all the rest of my DVR. Yay for overpaying for cable!

No comments: