8/14/2006

Mrs. Brown

Mrs. Brown you've got a... No, dear god, I didn't rewatch that. This is the Judi Dench-Billy Connolly movie about Queen Victoria and a Mr. John Brown. Who's body was apparently not lying a-mouldering in the grave. Important for the movie. Let's see... John Brown... Nope, I should stop making bad jokes and references. Anyway, it's interesting, and especially the look at Disraeli. I don't think I ever really put a face to the stories of Disraeli I'd read before. Didn't expect him to look so evil. It's the goatee. It makes pretty much every look evil. The acting is generally good, although a few characters were just there to be evil. Unfortunate. It's good, and it's certainly worth watching if you can handle British accents and not too much action, but lots of backroom political machinations.

No comments: