6/24/2005

Family Plot & I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

Apparently, the IMDB fixed the problem that caused me to have a couple of extra blank movies in my list. I think I still have one, but I'm too lazy to check on that. Anyway, the two movies since the last entry.

Family Plot was so light it could have fluffed itself. I did get the idea that Hitchcock wanted it to be a goof, but the lightweightedness didn't work well. Oh well. At least I've seen it so I don't have to think it could have some redeeming qualities. And the artificiality of the in-car sequences being obviously shot on blue screen really pulled me out of the movie.

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead just goes to show that Clive Owen is so damn cool. Damn, he'd make a great Bond. Damn, why couldn't they have a non-gadget-based, hard-ass Bond with Clive? I guess that would be too good. A nasty, mean-spirited little movie. I love nasty, mean-spirited little movies.

No comments: