6/12/2005

Shoot the Piano Player, Head of State, & 50 First Dates

Shoot the Piano Player.
Well, I gotta love any movie that messes with the conventions of the famous L-shaped sheet. As for why I watched two Truffaut films in a row, well, I didn't realize that Fahrenheit 451 was going to be on TCM. I preferred this to that, but it isn't as good as The 400 Blows or Jules & Jim. Still a good movie, but Godard's Breathless and Band of Outsiders dealt with the petty criminals in Paris better.

Head of State.
The only thing that made me laugh were the fake campaign commercials, which were funny in their ridiculousness. Because the rest of the movie had me literally saying "Who the hell thought this was funny?" alternating with "Who thought this would make a movie?" Ugh. Terrible movie.

50 First Dates.
I seriously want to beat the crap out of whomever keeps giving Rob Schneider a job. Take him and Sean Astin's steroid user out of the movie and you have a sweet, funny movie. Put them in and you have a sweet, funny movie that has two completely annoying and non-redeeming characters in it. Plus, the soundtrack was interesting. Occasionally, Adam Sandler is capable of making a good movie. Too bad he frequently forgets that and makes utter crap.

Yes, I love having HBO, TCM, and Showtime. Why do you ask?

No comments: