6/26/2005

Ted Leo 6/23 at 9:30

dial up
2nd ave 11 am
me & mia
where have all the rude boys gone
the high party
loyal to my sorrowful country (I think, and I might have missed a song in the middle here)
counting down the hours
little dawn
heart problems
parallel or together
timorous me
hearts of oak
shake the sheets
-----
my vien ilin
6 months in a leaky boat
suspect device

70 mins. It was a great show, but not as long as I would have wanted. He spent a lot of time tuning and then asking the crowd whether he was in tune or not. Leading to some heckling which he said was original, but I forgot what it was. He was pretty funny though.

Openers Mary Timony and Radio 4 were blah. Mary Timony was boring, while Radio 4 lost cool points by being too Franz Ferdinand-ish and having Keyboard Guy doing the head shake while playing two keyboards in an L-shape. That made up for Congo-Cowbell Guy. Too bad for CCG.

No comments: