7/11/2006

Broadway Danny Rose & The Ox-Bow Incident

Broadway Danny Rose is a Woody Allen film I hadn't seen. Probably because it was a Mia Farrow serious film. At least I think it was supposed to be a serious film. It certainly wasn't a comedy, because I didn't laugh very much. Then again, it could have just been a failed comedy. It does work as a slightly comedic drama, though.

The Ox-Bow Incident was a short movie, looking at the dangers of mob justice. Henry Fonda is very good, as is most of the cast, although you really don't get much chance to get familiar with most of the other characters, since 75 minutes and many characters means not enough time for characterization. It's very well-constructed, although a little too easily moral, with the bad guys clear and the good guys just as clear. Then again, mob justice is pretty evil, no matter the evidence.

I guess I just wasn't too inspired by either of the two movies to write a lot, even though they weren't bad movies. I do want to add Holly Hunter to the list of actresses of whom I've seen their hoo-has and respect as an actress. I completely forgot about that little bit in The Piano. Which I saw years and years ago and keep forgetting on that very short list. Actually, I mainly just wanted to write hoo-ha in a post. Such a ridiculous euphemism. I heartily endorse it. By the way, the other actresses are Jenny Agutter and Toni Collette. I had to go through my entire archive of my old blog searching for various vagina euphemisms to find those two. In case you were wondering, the magic word was labia.

No comments: