7/16/2006

The Exterminating Angel, Diary of a Country Priest, & Weeds

The Exterminating Angel is Bunuel being his typical anti-religion, -bourgeois, and -fascist self. The entire movie is pretty much making fun of the upper class and how they're not really human and are just going from one prison to another, from the dinner party that doesn't end to the church. I wonder about the summoning of the devil, though. That just seemed a little much. And that bear should have been attacking people, not the most sensible character in the movie.

Diary of a Country Priest is reason enough for me to go through my entire Netflix queue to make sure I don't have too many movies by the same director too close to each other. And sometimes I just add movies just because I want to see the director's movies. I regret that sometimes. But I know that I'd just sit there and wonder about how the movie is. I have a serious problem. My anti-religious nature really makes me not particularly care for religious movies. It's a fairly typical one, although done with a little more style than some. I was not particularly happy with that final shot though. And there was too much narration. If you see something on screen, you don't need someone explaining it.

I also watched all of the first season of Weeds. It's not as good as HBO shows, but I didn't regret watching it at all. Maybe I just need a deaf girl.

No comments: