7/19/2006

Clean

Clean is the a movie that should have, again, made Maggie Cheung a huge star in the US. I mean, she is, by far, the reason to see this film. That's not to say it isn't a good movie, because it is, but Maggie deserved her award. I knew she was good in Cantonese and English, but I really didn't know she knew French. Impressive. And I didn't know that she could sing, even if it was about the same way that Nico sings. I wasn't too happy with the kid playing Jay, but that's because there are so very few good child actors out there. The music was interesting, and good for the most part, although a little ambient for the most part. Of course, I did go and try to find out what it all was before the end of Metric's song. Mainly because I recognized that song, but couldn't place either the band or the song. Of course it was Dead Disco. Good song. Anyway, the movie is Maggie's, and she owns it like few people are capable.

No comments: