8/07/2005

It's a good thing I didn't name my iPod or I'd really be in mourning now

On the Beach was so melodramatic. And really, do we need to know what happens after a nuclear war? And why is this movie so damn earnest? It also wasn't full of much good acting. Or anything that would recommend it. Man, at some point, I just added things to my Netflix queue just because. Must've been back when I only had a couple hundred in it.

I also watched the first disc of the Larry Sanders Show season 1. I think I'd actually seen a couple of those before. Were they replayed on Comedy Central late at night or something? Or did I watch them at college? I can't quite remember. Weird to see Janeane Garofalo dumpy. I do have to say that the Garden Weasel ads were the highlight of the disc.

Alice Adams was only worth keeping around for Katherine Hepburn. Every other character, with the exception of Fred MacMurray, was terrible. And if Hattie McDaniel's performance was what created the Best Supporting Actor/Actress category, then I wonder what the hell Pauly Shore's career created? Besides giving a few other people jobs, like Tia Carrere and Kylie Minogue and Brendan Fraser and Stephen Baldwin and Carla Gugino and Jack Black and Stanley Tucci and Joey Lauren Adams and Lori Petty. Sadly, I knew all of those off the top of my head. I think I should go find Pauly Shore and hit him. If only I could blame him for my watching those movies. Damnit.

Before I get to the next movies, I had my iPod's hard drive stop working on Thursday. So I went to two different Apple Stores this weekend to see if they could fix it. In short, I will have a new iPod in about two weeks. Damnit. I have to interact with things on the WMATA.

Looney Tunes: Back in Action is one of the movies I watched only because I was in front of my computer reinstalling and uninstalling things. Wow. So damn terrible. Only thing keeping it from being a total waste was that it wasn't nearly as bad as Space Jam. Somehow.

First Daughter. Well, my iPod still wasn't working. Plus, I like Forest Whitaker. And Marc Blucas was Riley, so I can always mock him for that. Terrible. Utterly worthless. Well, it was directed competently.

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines needed something. Oh, like a script that was good and a good director and a new thing. I'm in the minority in thinking the 2nd one wasn't needed at all, and the only good thing that it did was the CGI work and advances in that field. The 3rd one was completely stupid. I don't even remember any of the character's names except the ones from earlier films, and I only remember Arnold, Claire Danes, and Kristina Lokken (I think that's how you spell it) as actors in it. Boring, and that's terrible for a movie that was basically two hours of a chase scene and constant action. I didn't care. I did wish that Arnold had gone bad, but that wasn't going to happen with his stupid "I can't be a bad guy" rule. He was so much better when he wasn't a big pussy.

New York Minute. Well, it was on when I was dealing with computer stuff. I made it through almost the entire thing before I actually started paying attention and hated myself and the talented people in it. Andy Richter... Eugene Levy... Darrell Hammond... Jared Padalecki... Heh, just kidding on that last one. Wow, that movie sucked donkey balls. Big fat hairy donkey balls. I bet I could go on the Internets and find pictures of the Olsen Twins actually sucking actual donkey balls. That would probably be more enjoyable than this piece of crap movie.

No comments: