8/21/2005

Sword of Doom, Beyond Borders, & Dave Chapelle: For What It's Worth

Sword of Doom was strange. I'm not sure what to think of that ending. Or the middle. It was different from what I was expecting. The beginning made some sense though. I... wow. Nakadai was crazy as hell. Twisted as well. I still get bothered when I see a crazy big samurai fight with guys attacking one at a time. I mean, really, just wait for him to stick his sword in someone and he can't get it out and then just go for him. It happened more than enough in the last fight. You're telling me no one would have done that rather than just attacking in order and getting sliced up? And I'm not happy with some of the loose threads. Well, actually, it seems like everything was a loose thread at the end. But still, I want to know what happened a little more. I think I know what happened, but I really don't want to have to read the original stories to figure out for sure.

Beyond Borders was liberal claptrap. Blech. And Angelina Jolie and Clive Owen couldn't save it. The only thing that made it interesting was the ending. Boo on landmines, but pretty unexpected for that to be the ending for a character like that? Are they trying to get people to stop helping? Or are they trying to show how terrible the situations are? Or could they just not come up with a good ending?

Dave Chapelle: For What It's Worth was funny. Not "I'm Rick James, Bitch" said by white frat guys funny, but a dying kitten impaled on a spork slowly bleeding to death is funnier than that. It was just pretty funny. Could have been a lot worse.

No comments: