8/20/2005

A Very Long Engagement & Garfield

A Very Long Engagement wasn't as good as Amelie. But considering how much I'm in love with everything about that movie, that isn't unexpected. I also thought it was a little too long, with a few too many of Jeunet's touches that distracted from the story. And it also seemed like there were character touches just to make them and the movie weirder. Of course, I'd have to read the book to figure out whether it's Jeunet's fault or the original novel. I am pretty damn sure that it's the book. The tuba playing just seemed too strange. I enjoyed the movie, but I think I thought it would have been better than it was.

Garfield was terrible. There were no redeeming aspects of the movie at all. Even with Bill Murray, Stephen Tobolowsky, and Jennifer Love Hewitt's breasts. Do not see. If you do, do not pass go and go directly to jail. And I think that any good will I had for Peter Hewitt after Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey is completely gone.

No comments: