8/28/2005

Simpsons season 6, Undeclared, & Curb Your Enthusiasm season 2

I'm going to stick a bunch of TV stuff in one post, because I've been putting it off for a little while.

The Simpsons Season 6 was probably the last season where there were classic episodes all the way through. Well, that isn't entirely true, because there were some clunkers in this season (Fear of Flying, Bart vs. Australia, Homer vs. Patty & Selma, Lisa's Wedding, 'Round Springfield) and there were many classics in the 7th season (including my second favorite episode of all time Lisa the Vegetarian), but the quality clearly started to fall in season 6. And I really don't like the "special" packaging for the DVDs. Why couldn't they just stick with the old packaging? I know I can send off for the old version, but I'm really lazy.

Undeclared was one in a string of shows screwed by Fox. A looooong string of shows. They've pretty much only not screwed one good show in the last ten or so years, and that's Arrested Development. Yay for the third season coming up soon! Anyway, Undeclared was screwed over for Andy Richter Controls the Universe, which was screwed over in turn. It was never as good as Freaks and Geeks, but really, few shows ever came close to that show. I really wish that it had lasted longer than it did. More Seth Rogen is always appreciated. And now that I've seen it in the actual order (not the order it was shown on Fox or on the DVD (how could they screw that up, really?)), it actually works. And is hilarious. Very hilarious. I have this feeling I may not have actually seen all of these episodes, although I was pretty sure I had. Maybe the crazy scheduling kept me from watching them all. Anyway, I heartily recommend it, especially if you go online and get the corrected episode order.

Season 2 of Curb Your Enthusiasm was pretty funny. Not as sure about the main plot thread, which I didn't entirely care for, until the end payoff. That was hilarious. And Shaq was great. Made me almost forget Kazaam and Steel. And then I remembered them and laughed for about five minutes. Yay for Shaq being a terrible actor. It's a great show, and I am looking forward both to the next seasons coming to me as soon as possible.

No comments: