9/10/2005

The Constant Gardener, Confidentially Yours, and iPod update

The Constant Gardener gave me a headache. Too much handheld camera and too many jerky camera movements. That being said, Ralph Fiennes, Rachel Weisz, and Bill Nighy were all outstanding, and I expect the first two to get at least Oscar nods. The story was a little too anti-drug company, as what they actually do is evil enough. Really, a great movie, and I probably would have loved it almost reservedly had I seen it on a smaller screen.

Confidentially Yours was mediocre Hitchcock-film noir movie from Truffaut. Fanny Ardant was interesting, but the movie was needlessly complicated, and the big twists came out of nowhere. The black and white camerawork was pretty good, though.

I didn't mention, but I tripped and broke my iPod a week and a half ago. Three days after getting the replacement iPod, I break the new one. And since it was my fault, it wasn't covered by the limited warranty. I have a new 60 GB iPod. I like the color screen. I've been adding cover art to my collection. I couldn't live without an iPod. The same day I got the iPod, I donated to the Red Cross for Katrina recovery. I did this on Thursday. I reacted faster than the federal government.

No comments: