9/05/2005

Curb Your Enthusiasm seasons 3 & 4

Curb Your Enthusiasm season 3 topped season 2, especially in the brilliant season long arc. Nothing may ever top the end of the season, with the brilliant use of cursing. Brilliant. The funniest scene of the entire show. Maybe ever broadcast on HBO. I loved Michael York's forced cursing, and the tall white guy's light stuff until the end... I could go on and on. And the rest of the season wasn't too bad either. I didn't entirely care for the Special Section, but it was only weak when compared to the Terrorist Attack, Krazee-Eyez Killa, The Nanny from Hell (may have ruined the Looney Tunes theme forever), Club Soda & Salt, and the Grand Opening. It's also better than the first season, which didn't really have the continuing storyline that pulled 2, 3, and 4 together.

Speaking of season 4, hilarious. About the same level as three. The supporting cast really was outstanding, with Ben Stiller and David Schwimmer being standouts. And if I knew who came up with the idea for the Blind Date, I'd have to... oh, yeah, it's all Larry David, and I already worship at his altar of comedy. I'd have to name every episode as great. Especially... every episode. The dog biting, the medical marijuana, the Everlast, the Survivor, and the hex. So many great bits. And it reminds me that I need to see The Producers again. Both the movie and the musical. Mel and Anne in the bar was great.

No comments: