9/27/2005

Dark Star & Northanger Abbey

Dark Star was John Carpenter's first movie. I hate that the naked pictures were blurred. Very distracting. Plus, the alien thing that was obviously a beach ball was pretty distracting as well. I'm not entirely sure what was going on in the movie, especially the long-ass scene in the elevator shaft. It felt really stretched out to its short running time. And bizarre. Interesting special effects, and I'm a big fan of Bomb 20.

Northanger Abbey was the worst Jane Austen I've ever seen. Terrible. I've been assured that the BBC version of Persuasion was worse, but I'd have to see it to believe it, and I really don't want to do that. Bleh to the movie, the lead actress and her big nose and bugeyes. Plus, really, what the hell? I hate that Netflix made me think that the mvoie was from 2000 rather than from 1986, which was terrible. Argh. Plus, this is the only version of Northanger Abbey made. Maybe because it is her least typical book. But the BBC version sucked.

No comments: